How To Get Rid Of Internal Hemorrhoids? Try Our 8-Step Process For Relief!
Posted on 19 November 2017
Internal hemorrhoids can be the worst. Bleeding, itching, burning and pain are just a few of the symptoms you might be experiencing right now. Hemorrhoid symptoms are bad and can really put a damper on your life. Don’t fret. You’ve come to the right place. It is possible to get rid of internal hemorrhoids fast, and at home? With the help of our 8 tips you can give those hemorrhoids a knock out punch and get back to enjoying life again.
Each and every one of us is unique. For instance, one method of treatment, such as using a hemorrhoid cream, might work for some but not others. That’s why we have provided you with 8 different tips to help you get rid of those uncomfortable internal hemorrhoids. To begin, it is first necessary to get a complete understanding of what internal hemorrhoids really are.
What Are Internal Hemorrhoids?
The medical definition of internal hemorrhoids is “An itching or painful mass of dilated veins in swollen anal tissue.”(1) Internal hemorrhoids are located inside the anus. They can also be thrombosed, prolapsed or both. We will explain.
Do I Have A Thrombosed Hemorrhoid?
You generally will know if you have a thrombosed hemorrhoid; The pain is usually unbearable. If your having a hard time sitting or moving around due to excruciating pain, you may have a thrombosed hemorrhoid. When a hemorrhoid is described as being thrombosed, that means that it contains a blood clot. Blood clots can occur in the hemorrhoid when there is a lack of blood flow. While blood clots more frequently occur in an external hemorrhoid, they can also occur in an internal hemorrhoid. This is especially the case when the internal hemorrhoid becomes prolapsed, which we will explain.
Is My Hemorrhoid Prolapsed?
Hopefully not, because they too can be quite painful. When an internal hemorrhoid is prolapsed, that means that the hemorrhoid has come out of the anus and is sticking out or protruding past the anus. There are three different types or degrees of prolapsed hemorrhoids that one can have.
Three Types Of Prolapsed Hemorrhoids
If the prolapsed hemorrhoid retracts back into the anus on its own then its considered second degree. If the only way for the hemorrhoid to get back into the anus is with manual manipulation, then it falls into the third degree category. And finally, if the hemorrhoid can’t even be manually manipulated back into the anus, well then you have a third degree prolapsed hemorrhoid.
Why Are Internal Prolapsed Hemorrhoids At A Greater Risk Of Becoming Thrombosed?
Whether internal or external, if your hemorrhoid is prolapsed it is at a greater risk of becoming thrombosed. When outside the anus the hemorrhoid’s blood supply can be cut off or limited by the anal sphincter limiting blood flow. Since thrombosis occurs as a result of a lack of blood flow, these types of hemorrhoids are particularly susceptible to this painful condition.
What Causes Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are often caused buy straining during bowel movements or as a result of the pressure placed on the anal region during pregnancy and childbirth. There are other causes such as trauma, anal intercourse, obesity, chronic diarrhea, chronic constipation and a diet that is too low in fiber. There are also many times where the cause for the development of hemorrhoids can not be identified or is unkown. Some of these are preventable, while others, like unexpected trauma and childbirth are quite unpreventable. Fortunately, for those of you that are currently dealing with internal hemorrhoids there are some fantastic, proven ways to get rid of them fast at home. The key is to use all the tips together and create a harsh environment for your hemorrhoid to continue to thrive!
8 Simple Tips To Get Rid Of Internal Hemorrhoids Fast And At Home
- Diet- Eat Your Veggies! First and foremost, your diet must be addressed. Hemorrhoids can be caused by an unhealthy diet which leads to constipation and overstraining during bowel movements. A diet high in fiber is recommended for those with internal hemorrhoids. This can be attained by eating your veggies. On days you forget, Metamucil can also do the trick. The key is that you are having regular bowel movements that doesn’t require a great deal of straining. Straining too much can actually irritate the hemorrhoids, causing them to become more inflamed and painful. In addition to being a good choice for your general health, eating you veggies can help you get rid of those internal hemorrhoids.
- Hemorrhoid Donut Cushion - Give those hemorrhoids a rest! We know that hemorrhoids can be caused by pressure placed on the anal region. Taking pressure off the anal region may allow them to get better. Hemorrhoid donut cushions like the Kieba Donut Cushion for Hemorrhoids are extremely popular for expecting mothers. Expecting mothers can often experience a great deal of pelvic and anal pressure from the weight of the baby bearing down on these areas and everything being compacted. They are also excellent at relieving symptoms and allowing hemorrhoid suffers to sit in comfort. In addition to relieving pressure by suspending the anal region in the center of the donut they also can help alleviate low back. This is especially helpful for expecting mothers that are experiencing low back pain. These donut cushions, like the Kieba brand, have removable and washable covers.
- Hemorrhoid Suppository Or Cream - The medicine works! The medicine in the hemorrhoid creams and suppositories are extremely effective at taking care of your symptoms and can reduce the size of your hemorrhoids. Preparation H and Nikzon hemorrhoid creams/suppositories has both Phenylephrine HCL and Pramoxine HCL. These are proven ingredients which constrict or shrink the hemorrhoid while at the same time relieving your symptoms. The Phenylephrine is the vasoconstrictor, or the ingredient which shrinks the hemorrhoid by constricting it. The Pramoxine HCL is an anesthetic which numbs the area and gives you that ahhh moment. Together they work superbly. So which should you use a hemorrhoid cream or suppository? For internal hemorrhoids, suppositories may be the better choice. For a full and thorough discussion on hemorrhoid cream or suppository.
- Hemorrhoid Supplement - Take the fight to your internal hemorrhoids from the inside! Taking a hemorrhoid supplement that is specifically designed for hemorrhoids like HemRid Plus can really help. These products contain scientifically researched ingredients like witch hazel, the ingredient in hemorrhoid wipes and pads. They attack the hemorrhoids from the inside. HemRid is the leading supplement. It is the top selling hemorrhoid supplement on Amazon and has an extremely high customer satisfaction rate. It is great compliment to a cream and wipe. Speaking of wipes, that leads us to #5.
- Hemorrhoid Wipe - You need to clean after a bowel movement anyway, might as well apply medicine! Hemorrhoid wipes are another must have for hemorrhoid suffers. Get yourself some Tucks Pads. Tucks have been around forever for a reason. They work. They clean, they soothe, and they contain an ingredient which can shrink hemorrhoid tissue, witch hazel. This ingredient, that also happens to be an ingredient in HemRid, is a hemorrhoids worst nightmare. It is an astringent. It literally constricts the tissue shrinking the hemorrhoid. Imagine a grape turning into a raisin.
- Sitz Bath - You Now Have A Medical Reason To Take Time To Yourself And Soak! Bath salts, steam and peace. Yes. This is actually healthy for your hemorrhoids. Like all the others, Doctors recommend these too. The reason is that the warm bath may improve the circulation of the hemorrhoids. Sits baths are also know to relieve symptoms almost immediately. There is a whole product line of portable sitz baths, although there is nothing like the real thing, a hot soak. Speaking of water, that leads us to our last tip.
- Water - Drink Water! No. Not the sitz bath water. In all seriousness, staying good and hydrated is paramount to avoiding constipation. Constipation can seriously set you back in your recovery. Drink the recommend amount of water daily; The National Academies of Sciences recommends 15.5 cubs of water for men and 11.5 cups of water daily for women. Besides the fact that its good for your general health, it can help you get rid of those internal hemorrhoids.
- Alcohol - Stay away from alcohol. Stay far away from alcohol. Drinking alcohol regularly, in addition to not being particularly nice to your liver, can dehydrate. This will reverse the effort you’ve made to drink the recommended daily intake of water. When the body is dehydrated it is more prone to constipation and can require more straining during during bowel movements, all very bad things for your internal hemorrhoids.
These eight tips are great when used together. Combined they create a harsh environment for those internal hemorrhoids to thrive. If you have appreciated these 8 tips please like or share this page. For the products referenced, they can all be purchased on Amazon and combined should only cost about $50-$60. Happy healing.