Doctor Butler's Review - Doctor Butler's Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment Reviews
Posted on 06 July 2017
Doctor Butler’s Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment has a playful name tagline – “Leave the pain behind” – and we have found that Dr. Butler's ointment does, in fact, help most people with their pain.
Does Dr. Butlers Hemorrhoid Cream Work Well For Hemorrhoids?
Created by Dr. Cutler (dubbed Doctor Butler to bring more levity to the very serious plight that is hemorrhoids), a proctologist with more than 30 years of experience in anal issues, the ointment is designed to target several different kinds of hemorrhoids, quickly erasing the pain, swelling, burning and itching associated with the disorder.
So, What Causes Hemorrhoids, Anyway? Does Dr. Butler's Hemorrhoid Cream Address These Issues?
Hemorrhoids – both internal, external and external thrombotic hemorrhoids (the result of swelling caused by clots, triggering added pain and pressure) - are caused by a variety of different problems. Still, according to Dr. Cutler, most often they are triggered by too much pressure being placed on the anal canal. Why? Some reasons include:
- Chronic constipation that leads to straining during bowel movements. Diarrhea, which leads to too many bowel movements.
- Pregnancy and childbirth, which often cause hemorrhoids, although in the majority of cases - about 75 percent - most disappear shortly after the baby’s birth.
- Strenuous exercise or heavy lifting, which can put pressure on blood vessels.
- Aging, which leads to weakened blood vessels. (To strengthen blood vessels, try teaming a warm sitz bath with ice packs in intervals. The sitz bath will dilate blood vessels, while the ice packs will constrict them, strengthening vessels over time.)
- Anal fissures, which are tears in anal tissue that cause pain, itching, bleeding and burning.
Dr. Butler's Hemorrhiod Ointment Video Review From Youtube
Does Dr. Butler's Really Work? What Makes Dr. Butler’s Unique?
Dr. Cutler’s research included both traditional Western medicine as well as Eastern practices, which tend to focus more heavily on natural remedies, taking the advice of early medical professionals such as Pliny the Elder and Hippocrates, known as the Father of Modern Medicine, an advocate of using food as medicine and medicine as food.
The goal was to create a natural product that promoted wound healing and prevented the need for surgical intervention to solve hemorrhoid issues. “Using powerful, natural herbs with mineral and essential amino acids, we were able to ‘bio-enhance’ the products, making them the strongest available over the counter,” according to the product’s website.
Is Doctor Butler's Safe?
Doctor Butler’s is FDA approved, making it a safe option for the treatment of hemorrhoid symptoms. Plus, it is made with a wide range of natural botanicals, making it an environmentally-friendly option for those who value holistic skin care.
Doctor Butler’s Hemorrhoid and Fissure Ointment Ingredients
Most of the ingredients included in Dr. Butler’s are natural botanicals, which makes it more compatible with the healing of skin that synthetic options, which don’t absorb as well or react in the same way with skin cells as ingredients from nature.
Dr. Butler’s Hemorrhoid and Fissure Ointment includes:
- Lidocaine to instantly relieve pain.
- Phenylephrine HCI, which helps constrict blood vessels and help them heal.
- Aloe vera to offer moisture while encouraging skin’s healing.
- Pomegranate and ginseng extracts that offer antioxidant power to protect skin from future damage.
- Calendula oil to hydrate dry, irritated skin.
- Hyaluronic acid to help skin retain moisture.
- Algae extract to detox the skin while infusing it with healing nutrients.
- Gotu kola extract to help ease inflammation and help wounded skin heal.
- Horse chestnut extract, which is believed to help boost circulation, strengthening blood vessels.
- Lysine HCI, an amino acid that promotes healing.
- Vitamin E, a skin-friendly antioxidant that penetrates beneath the skin’s surface, helping promote the production of new skin proteins.
- A variety of ingredients that act as humectants and emollients to help create a soothing, smooth consistency that goes on comfortably and stays in place.
Are Dr. Butlers Hemorrhoid Reviews Good?
Doctor Butler’s: The reviews are in and yes they are good.
Doctor Butler’s Amazon reviews were primarily positive, but not as glowing as the reviews for other products designed to tackle hemorrhoid symptoms.
Of those on Amazon who reviewed the product, 82 percent gave Dr. Butler’s a rating of four stars and above. One five-star reviewer said the product was “a miracle cream” for its ability to help erase two large thrombosed hemorrhoids, which the reviewer described as “the size of two small hard-boiled eggs. The pain was absolutely unbearable.” The user was told surgery was the only option, but instead purchased Doctor Butler’s and used it three times a day – the recommended usage – for a week, only to see the thrombotic hemorrhoids completely disappear.
Of the 18 percent who rated the product three stars or less, most said they saw little or no change in their hemorrhoid symptoms, even after using Doctor Butler’s Hemorrhoid and Fissure Ointment for a week or more. The question, then, would be, “Does Dr. Butler’s Really Work?” We would have to say that it does work for most people and would recommend trying it. Still, it seems to depend on the type of hemorrhoid being treated and the severity of the symptoms.
Where Can I Buy Dr. Butler’s Hemorrhoid Ointment?
In addition to the product’s website, Dr. Butler’s Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment is available at the online retailers Amazon, eBay, Jet and Health Warehouse. We did not see any information showing you can purchase or buy Dr. Butler's Hemorrhoid Cream at Target or similar stores. If this product does become available in other stores we will update the page. Doctor butler's hemorrhoid and fissure ointment is not available at walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid or other pharmacies.
Alternative Hemorrhoid Treatment Options
Dr. Butler’s Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment contains lidocaine, which temporarily numbs pain, as well as ingredients to constrict blood vessels and moisturize inflamed tissue. While it can be used alone, Dr. Cutler (the creator of the product) suggested witch hazel as an alternative treatment to use in conjunction with his ointment.