Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter vs. Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
Posted on 05 July 2017
Share this post
Is Mama Mio Tummy Butter or Burt's Bees Belly Butter for stretch marks? Pregnancy is one of the most common times women develop stretch marks.
Part skin health, part genetics, stretch marks occur when the dermis layer – the layer that provides skin’s structure – stretches and tears. Skin is especially vulnerable when it stretches too fast, as happens during pregnancy.
Because giving birth should be all joy, the heartache that can be stretchmarks is something that sends most moms-to-be in search of a product that can help protect skin against the dreaded stretch marks and help the heal.
Products that keep the dermis layer strong and supple with nutrients that boost collagen and elastin levels are the best options because strong skin is less likely to tear.
We’re putting two products marketed to moms to the test – Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter vs. Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter – to determine which product offers the best results at preventing the development of stretch marks.
MAMA MIO TUMMY RUB BUTTER
Mama Mio was developed as a preventative and features an ingredient list formulated with nutrients that work in synergy to strengthen skin and encourage elasticity so the dermis layer can tolerate the speedy growth that is a fact of life for most pregnant moms. Mama Mio’s Tummy Rub Butter also features moisturizers that melt on contact with skin, penetrating deeply to help nutrients reach the dermis layer, where they can be the most effective.
Some of its powerhouse ingredients include:
- Argan oil. Argan oil is packed with vitamins A and E, both of which help protect collagen and elastin skin cells while encouraging the production of new ones, as well as antioxidants to fight damage from free radicals and fatty acids to help moisturize skin while reducing inflammation.
- Almond oil. Almond oil offers moisture that keeps skin supple, but it also acts as a natural exfoliator, lifting away dead surface cells so new, rejuvenated skin cells are revealed faster.
- Shea butter. Shea butter is a great moisturizer that melts on contact with skin, allowing it to penetrate the surface easily, ensuring that nutrients such as vitamin A reach the dermis layer where they can strengthen skin cells, preventing stretching. It is also packed with antioxidants.
- Rosehip oil. Rosehip oil is rich in fatty acids – omega-3s, omega-6s and linoleic fatty acid – that help keep skin moist and supple while reducing inflammation that can damage skin cells. It is also high in vitamins A, which helps encourage the production of new collagen and elastin cells, and vitamin C, which helps strengthen skin, fight off free radicals and lighten dark marks such as those that are the result of new stretch marks.
Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter reviews
Most of those who reviewed Mama Mio gave it an 84 percent approval rating on Amazon, although some found the cream to be too thick or too expensive. (Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter is $36 for a 4.1-ounce jar on Amazon).
BURT’S BEES MAMA BEE BELLY BUTTER
Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter was also developed as a preventative, and has a similar ingredient list to Mama Mio’s Tummy Rub Butter.
The Burt’s Bees product features rich, moisturizing butters that penetrate the skin, bringing healing ingredients to the dermis layer, where collagen and elastin make up the bulk of the structural layer. A mix of nutrients, skin-friendly vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants strengthen skin cells and create a barrier against free radical damage.
Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter Ingredients
Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Bella Butter ingredients include:
- Shea butter. Shea butter is an antioxidant-packed moisturizer that melts on contact with skin, allowing it to penetrate the surface easily, reaching the dermis layer where it can help collagen and elastin strengthen and heal.
- Coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich in saturated fat, which strengthens cell walls, making collagen and elastin cells more flexible and pliable. Coconut oil also offers myriad antioxidants that fight free radicals, keeping collagen and elastin cells healthy and strong.
- Cocoa butter. Cocoa butter contains fatty acids that not only moisturize skin, but also act as antioxidants, targeting free radicals that can damage collagen and elastin, making them more susceptible to tearing.
- Jojoba Butter. This natural moisturizer helps stimulate blood flow beneath the skin’s surface, helping nutrients reach the site of potential scars more quickly while encouraging new collagen and elastin cells to produce more quickly.
- Vitamin E. One of the most common scar treatment oils, vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that not only offers moisture that absorbs easily into skin, allowing it to reach the dermis layer but also improves blood circulation, boosting production of collagen and elastin proteins so scars and stretch marks fade faster.
Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter Reviews
Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter received an 81 percent success rate on Amazon, but many users complained about the new formula, which is different than a previous product, Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, which has been discontinued.
The new formula is thicker, stickier and earned less approval from buyers.
Is Mama Mio Better Than Burt’s Bees?
When it comes safety, both have taken stock of their ingredient list and formulated it so that they are safe for both pregnant and nursing moms.
Both Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter and Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter are free from harmful ingredients, including phthalates, parabens, petrolatum and sodium lauryl sulfate as well as artificial colorants.
When making a decision over whether Burt's Bees or Mama Mio is a better option, you may want to take price into consideration.
Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter is less than $10.50 for a 6.5-ounce tub, while Mama Mio Tummy Rub Butter is $36 for a 4.1-ounce jar on Amazon.
If your budget is tight, Burt’s Bees might be the better option.