Everything You Need to Know About Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids
Posted on 11 March 2018 by Maryanne Johnson
Share this post
Want to find the best natural remedies for hemorrhoids? Hemorrhoids are the leading health problem in Americans over the age of 50, affecting both men and women.
Because hemorrhoids are a common health problem, there are many different kinds of natural remedies and treatment methods on the market.
These methods promise to relieve the pain of hemorrhoids, but are they really effective?
The choices are overwhelming, but luckily many consumers and medical professionals have weighed in, narrowing down these natural remedies to the most successful ones available.
Top Natural Remedies for Internal Hemorrhoids
Internal hemorrhoids should be treated to prevent this, and there are plenty of natural remedies to achieve this.
- Fiber Supplements: One of the smartest ways to prevent and alleviate hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids, both internal and external, occur when the cushion of veins swells and enlarges during a strained bowel movement. Fiber is essential in ensuring that bowel movements are not strained, therefore aid in the preventing hemorrhoids from even occurring. Fiber supplements are available at drugstores that can be added to food or drink. Fiber can also be included in your diet naturally by eating more fruits and vegetables.
- Staying Hydrated: Much like adding fiber to your diet, staying hydrated is an easy and natural way to prevent hemorrhoids.
- Exercise: Lifestyle changes are important to preventing hemorrhoids.
Top Natural Remedies for External Hemorrhoids
There are many different kinds of treatments for external hemorrhoids. Fortunately, this type of hemorrhoid is easier to heal with natural products because direct application can be used.
- Sitz bath: A plastic bath that sits over the bowl of a toilet designed for soaking the rectal and lower hip area. These are available for purchase at local drugstores.
- Essential oils: These natural and organic oils can be mixed as recipes to relieve you from external hemorrhoid pain.
- Epsom salt: This mineral compound has healing properties that encourage the body to relieve stress and muscle tension.
Natural Remedies for Bleeding Hemorrhoids
Both internal and external hemorrhoids are known to produce bleeding. For internal hemorrhoids, the bleeding is usually painless and occurs after a stressful bowel movement.
Some hemorrhoid sufferers do not notice the bleeding right away. External hemorrhoids can result in the formation of blood clots near the anus, making the pain greatly intensified. This is called a thrombosis.
Bleeding happens when a clot is ruptured, or if the external hemorrhoids experience friction.
Treating bleeding hemorrhoids with natural remedies is important because you do not want to induce further irritation and cause more pain. Natural remedies include:
- Epsom Salt Remedies: Dissolving Epsom salt in warm water completely, creating a paste-like substance is a great natural method in healing hemorrhoids. Apply the salt paste directly on the hemorrhoid.
Epsom salt helps with healing wounds quickly, so the bleeding will soon subside with a continued application.
Epsom salt can also be added to a glass of water and ingested. This helps with detoxing the body and helps with the healing process of internal hemorrhoids.
- Witch hazel: This natural substance mitigates itchiness and discomfort. Witch hazel can be applied directly on the anal region and is also available in the form of wipes or creams.
Stopping the symptoms in their tracks with witch hazel will also help stop the bleeding of hemorrhoids, forcing them to shrink and eventually disappear on their own.
- Ice pack: Applying a pack of ice directly on the hemorrhoids will immediately reduce swelling and help subside those other annoying symptoms, like itching, bleeding, and general discomfort. An ice pack can be used as often as needed.
Hemorrhoids will usually go away by themselves within a few days to 2 weeks. Natural remedies are the best way to lessen the symptoms without pumping your body full of unnatural chemicals and medications.
Sometimes, the best way to rid your body of hemorrhoids is a simple lifestyle change, like a high fiber diet and staying hydrated.
For immediate relief, remedies like Epsom salt, essential oils, and other natural ointments are the best choice.
Natural remedies are typically very cost effective and easier to purchase, available at local stores and online.
If you suffer from hemorrhoid and hemorrhoid pain, you are not alone. Hemorrhoids are one of the most common discomforts that plague adult Americans, and fortunately, there is a slew of methods out there that can help with treatment and prevention.
Remember to inform and consult your doctor if you are experiencing hemorrhoids.