How to Cure Hemorrhoids - Discover the Best Hemorrhoid Cure and Treatment Options
Posted on 23 March 2018 by Maryanne Johnson
Share this post
Want to know about the Best Cures for Hemorrhoids? In this post we share all the top cures, treatments, and tips for getting rid of hemorrhoids fast.
Hemorrhoids are most common in adults age 50 and over, and also pregnant women.
Hemorrhoids form after a strained bowel movement, as the veins in the lower rectum and outside of the anal opening become inflamed and swollen due to this added pressure and stress.
While there is no known cure for hemorrhoids, there are treatment methods that are both natural and medicinal that can relieve the frustrating and painful symptoms of hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoid sufferers often use natural cures because there are little to no side effects from their use.
Many times, natural cures and hemorrhoid treatments can provide immediate relief from hemorrhoid symptoms.
How to Cure Internal Hemorrhoids
Internal hemorrhoids are trickier to treat due to their location inside the lower rectal region.
While you cannot exactly apply hemorrhoid ointment to this part of your body, you can make small lifestyle and diet changes that will help prevent internal hemorrhoids from forming.
- Fiber: Adding fiber into your diet is one of the most important things you can do to prevent internal hemorrhoids from occurring. Eating more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and foods like beans and even fiber supplements will ease bowel movements, reducing the potential of veins becoming inflamed.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water—at least 8 glasses a day—can help push toxins and food out of your body. This, of course, helps with bowel movements, and in the long run, will prevent hemorrhoids from forming.
By enacting these small dietary changes, hemorrhoids can be avoided altogether.
Keeping your colon and lower intestine regular is key to preventing hemorrhoids from occurring because being regular will stop the straining on the toilet and further inflaming your rectal veins.
Top Natural Cures for Hemorrhoids
There are plenty of natural cures available for hemorrhoid treatment. You may even have some helpful and natural treatments around your home that are great for a temporary hemorrhoid cure. Let's talk about those...
Many natural cures take their ingredients from plant sources and are complied organically.
- Aloe vera: an anti-inflammatory product of the aloe vera plant that is also a popular choice of applicant for sunburns. Use pure aloe for immediate relief from hemorrhoids, an aloe vera cream is not recommended as it is mixed with multiple other ingredients that may or may not be completely natural. Aloe vera can reduce the inflammation of your hemorrhoids through a direct, gentle application.
- Tea tree oil: This oil has properties that can help with the swelling of hemorrhoids and even stop hemorrhoid itching and burning. You can find tea tree oil in gels that can be directly applied to the hemorrhoids.
- Epsom salt: Adding Epsom salt into a warm bath and soaking for about 20 minutes is another effective natural cure for hemorrhoids. Using Epsom salt for hemorrhoids can help reduce pain and relieve swelling. Epsom salt can also be made into a paste that can be directly applied to the hemorrhoids.
How to Cure Hemorrhoids at Home Fast
In all honesty, curing hemorrhoids is not easy. Properly treating hemorrhoids in the privacy of your own home is preferred by many hemorrhoid sufferers. Here are some of the things you can do to help get rid of your hemorrhoids for good.
While these may not be "cures", they can definitely help.
- Sitz bath: A small bowl that fits over the toilet designed to soak only your lower region; this is a great at-home method for hemorrhoid relief. Soak for about 20 minutes for best effects, and you can even do this multiple times throughout the day, as needed.
- Keep clean: Keeping your anal area clean is essential for maintaining rectal health. This will stave off any possible infections and allow for hemorrhoids to heal. Practicing this hygiene is a good habit that will also aid in prevention.
- Apply creams: There are many different types of creams available that can be gently applied to your painful hemorrhoids. Creams can be purchased over the counter or even prescribed by your doctor.
- Pain relievers: Another over the counter option, pills like Tylenol, Aspirin, and Ibuprofen are another way to temporarily cure hemorrhoids. They target the pain and help with the reduction of inflammation.
Does Witch Hazel Cure Hemorrhoids?
Witch hazel has proven to be an excellent and natural option for hemorrhoid relief. Witch hazel is derived from a plant, typically used for healing skin. Witch hazel is full of antioxidants, which is effective for hemorrhoid application.
It comes in the form of creams or gels that can be applied to hemorrhoids in order to reduce inflammation, pain, and promote soothing effects.
You can even get witch hazel wipes, which will ease the pain and itching. You have probably heard of Tucks and Preparation H.
Other Possible Herbal Cures for Hemorrhoids
- Psyllium husk: available in powders, psyllium husk is a source of fiber that can aid in the relief of hemorrhoids. Taking psyllium husk can help prevent hemorrhoids from forming by reducing hemorrhoid bleeding after bowel movements and helping your body avoid constipation.
- Magnesium: Using a magnesium oil or hemorrhoid supplement will help keep your bowel movements regular and help with the prevention of hemorrhoids. Magnesium is a natural laxative and will curb the potential of constipation from occurring. You can dissolve magnesium oil in a warm bath for an immediate relief for hemorrhoids.
- Essential Oils: There are so many essential oils that can be a beneficial to hemorrhoids. The properties of essential oils that consist of anti-inflammation, itching relief, and reduction of swelling, will all assist in alleviating common hemorrhoid symptoms. Popular and effective essential oils used for hemorrhoids include: primrose oil, dill oil, chamomile oil, lavender oil, frankinsense oil and cypress oil.
Medical Treatment Cures for Hemorrhoids
There are several different medical procedures for hemorrhoids. Some seem to do very well and some seem to be problematic. Recent research has shown that rubber band ligation is just as effective as a hemorrhoidectomy, and also does not require in-patient treatment (1).