Dr. Butler's vs. Mayinglong Musk For Hemorrhoids - The Full Review Tells All
Posted on 14 July 2017 by Maryanne Johnson
Share this post
Get ready for the ultimate Doctor Butler's vs Mayinglong Musk Review. Both Doctor Butler’s Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment and Ma Ying Long Musk Hemorrhoids Ointment take their inspiration from Eastern medicine.
Dr. Butler’s ointment was created by Dr. Robert S. Cutler, a proctologist who has probably seen more than his share of hemorrhoids, which are basically varicose veins of the anus that result in pain, swelling, burning, and itching.
Today, Ma Ying Long Musk Hemorrhoids Ointment is the most popular hemorrhoid treatment in China and is formulated with ingredients that have been used for hundreds of years to help treat pesky hemorrhoid symptoms.
A Closer Look at Doctor Butler’s Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment
Doctor Butler’s blends Western and Eastern medicines to create a mix of both contemporary ingredients and botanicals that are designed to help hemorrhoids heal, allowing most users to avoid surgical intervention.
Dr. Butler’s Hemorrhoid and Fissure Ointment includes:
- Lidocaine. Lidocaine helps relieve pain on contact.
- Phenylephrine HCI. This ingredient helps constrict blood vessels so they are less vulnerable to irritation.
- Aloe vera. Aloe, once a mainstay in every family kitchen, not only helps ease the burning associated with hemorrhoids, it also offers moisture that encourages skin’s healing.
- Pomegranate extract. Pomegranate is packed with antioxidants, making it an excellent option to help skin heal.
- Ginseng extract. The antioxidants in ginseng help protect skin cells from damage and strengthen cell membranes.
- Calendula oil. Calendula is a soothing botanical that gently hydrates dry, irritated skin.
- Hyaluronic acid. This powerhouse ingredient helps skin retain essential moisture.
- Algae extract. Algae helps detox the skin while infusing it with healing nutrients.
- Gota kola. Gotu kola extract, an ancient hemorrhoid treatment that has been shown in studies to help ease inflammation and encouraging the healing of wounded skin.
- Horse chestnut extract. This plant-based ingredient is believed to help boost circulation, strengthening blood vessels so they are less vulnerable to hemorrhoids.
Dr. Butler’s also includes Lysine HCI, an amino acid that helps promote healing, vitamin E, a skin-friendly antioxidant that penetrates beneath the skin’s surface, helping promote the production of new collagen and elastin, so skin becomes stronger, and a variety of ingredients that act as humectants and emollients to help create a soothing, smooth consistency that allows the product to go on comfortable and stay in place.
Ma Ying Long Hemorrhoids Ointment: A Closer Look
Ma Ying Long Musk Hemorrhoids Ointment contains a unique mixture of natural and synthetic ingredients and is unlike many of the other hemorrhoid treatments on the market.
Inspired by Eastern medicine, the formula includes:
- Pearl. While pearls are revered as surprise oyster finds, in powdered form, pearl contains from-the-sea properties that are believed to promote healing.
- Calamine. Calamine helps relieve the itch and irritation associated with hemorrhoids thanks to a one-two punch of zinc oxide and iron oxide. It is also believed to help shrink swollen blood vessels, reducing hemorrhoid symptoms.
- Bezoar. Bezoars, which are masses that become trapped in the digestive tract, are believed to have numerous beneficial properties and were traditionally used as an antidote to poison. Today’s synthetic bezoar is used to control inflammation.
- Petroleum jelly. This moisturizer helps give the formula a thick yet smooth texture to hold active ingredients in place while offering soothing hydration.
- Borneol. Borneol is most often derived from a tree belonging to the teak family and is used to not only cleanse skin but also acts as a local anesthetic, temporarily easing pain
- Lanolin. Lanolin offers natural hydration to help sooth irritated skin.
- Synthetic musk. Musk is to help stimulate circulation, strengthening blood vessels so hemorrhoids are less likely to reoccur.
Doctor Butler’s vs. Ma Ying Long: The Reviews Are In
Both Doctor Butler’s Hemorrhoid and Fissure Ointment and Ma Ying Long Musk Hemorrhoids Ointment received fairly positive reviews on Amazon, with Doctor Butler’s getting an 82 percent approval rating, and Ma Ying Long’s formula coming in just below with an 80 percent approval rating.
Of those who gave Doctor Butler’s three stars or less, most said they saw little or no change to their hemorrhoid symptoms. Those who gave Ma Ying Long’s formula three stars or less said the product added to their hemorrhoid pain.
So, Which is Better, Doctor Butler’s or Ma Ying Long Musk?
Based on the ingredients, those suffering from hemorrhoids might appreciate the temporary relief brought by the pain-numbing lidocaine in Doctor Butler’s Hemorrhoid and Fissure Ointment.
Traditionalists will also likely turn to Doctor Butler’s botanical-inspired formula, while those who haven’t found relief from traditional products might be interested in trying Ma Ying Long Musk Hemorrhoids Ointment for its innovative, exotic list of ingredients. Ma Ying Long Musk also contains borneol, a natural anesthetic derived from the sap of a tree in the teak family.
While Ma Ying Long’s formula may seem more natural, it contains petroleum jelly, so both are a mix of natural botanicals and synthetic ingredients, making it difficult to choose the better product.
Both also offer ingredients that help detox skin, erasing bacteria that can irritate inflamed hemorrhoidal tissue.
Given the information at hand, we call this product smackdown a tie.
Where Can I Buy Doctor Butler’s and Ma Ying Long’s Hemorrhoid Treatments?
In addition to the product’s website, Dr. Butler’s Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment is available at the online retailers Amazon, eBay, Jet and Health Warehouse.
Ma Ying Long Musk Hemorrhoids Ointment is manufactured in China and is available through Amazon, eBay and Walmart, as well as other online sites.
What is HemRid plus and Why Does it Work So Well?
Unlike creams, wipes and other hemorrhoid treatments that work to temporarily provide relief, HemRid is a supplement that is taken orally where it travels through the bloodstream to attack hemorrhoids at their core. HemRid can be used with hemorrhoid creams and ointments like Dr. Butlers and Mayinglong Musk.