Avenoc Ointment Reviews - Does the Boiron Avenoc Ointment Really Work?
Posted on 22 February 2018
Share this post
This is a full and comprehensive review of the Boiron Avenoc Ointment. We will discuss the ingredients, effectiveness, speed of results, cost, and overall quality of this hemorrhoid ointment.
Plus, we will also let you know if the Avenoc Ointment from Boiron are the best hemorrhoid ointment you can buy.
The Boiron company was founded in 1932 by twin brothers from France. Jean and Henri Boiron moved their products into the US in 1983 under the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania company John A. Borneman & Sons.
The company’s focus was homeopathic medicine supplied directly to physicians and the public by four generations of homeopathic experts. Boiron USA has evolved into the leading U.S. homeopathic medicine supplier.
The company fulfills up to 1,000 orders per day during flu season. Unlike other products on the market, the company has a variety of video testimonials available on their website.
They include accounts from health care professionals, consumers, athletes, and celebrities. They also encourage new customers to share their story.
Boiron Avenoc Ointment Benefits
Boiron Avenoc ointment is a popular product on Amazon. The benefits of the boiron avenoc ointment include:
- Temporary relief of minor symptoms of hemorrhoids, such as discomfort, itching and burning
- No known interactions with other hemorrhoid medications
- Not contraindicated with pre-existing conditions
- Uses highly diluted natural ingredients to relieve symptoms
- Natural active ingredients
- Soothing effects
Boiron Avenoc Ointment Reviews
The Boiron products overall have great reviews across many platforms. The ointment is listed as an ‘Amazon Choice’ product.
This means that it is highly-recommended at an affordable cost for every day common products that are included in Amazon Prime free shipping.
Surprisingly, among Amazon Best Sellers, the product ranks #77 for pain relief medication and treatments of hemorrhoids.
It also ranks #241 among pain relief rubs and ointments under health care medications and treatments. It also ranks #33,831 in health and household.
The Boiron Avenoc ointment receives a 4.2 out of 5-star review from thirty-seven customer reviews. Of the thirty-seven consumers who provided a review, 76% gave a five-star, 11% gave a four-star, 8% gave a two-star, and 5% gave a one-star.
The low reviews were complaints about shipping and the product making no change in the consumer’s hemorrhoid condition. Four and five-star reviews offered the following insight:
- Great product that works great and most naturally
- Reduction in hemorrhoid itching
- Does what it claims, provides hemorrhoid relief
- Very effective
- Relieves burning
- Priced right
- Safe, helpful, and better than chemical products
- Cools irritation and reduces swelling
- Hemorrhoid pain relief within minutes
- Absorbs well into the anal tissue
Money Back Guarantees
The Boiron promise is the company’s promise to customer satisfaction. Boiron is committed to providing top-quality products to consumers.
The company does offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with their medicines for any reason.
The money back guarantee does have clear terms and conditions and reads as follows:
- Returns must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase.
- Refund check will come by mail and can take six to eight weeks to process.
- Only the purchase price of the product will be refunded, less any coupons or discounts, including product purchases tied to promotional offerings, including mail in rebates, bounce back coupons, loyalty rewards programs, and coupons received at the register.
- Refund does NOT include any state or local taxes.
- If original UPC and valid receipt with date and product description are not included in the request, the purchase price will not be refunded
- Faxes are not accepted for refund.
- Only one refund per product per household.
The Boiron Avenoc ointment contains the following active ingredients:
- 1.3% aesculus hippocastanum 1X HPUS to relieve pain with external hemorrhoids
- 1.3% collinsonia canadensis 1X HPUS to relieve hemorrhoid pain from constipation
- 1.3% hamamelis virginiana 1X HPUS to relieve hemorrhoids with a tendency to bleed. Hamamelis virginiana is also know as witch hazel. Our witch hazel for hemorrhoids guide will help you decide which witch hazel product to use for relief.
The product also contains the inactive ingredients of alcohol and white petrolatum USP-NF.
Where Can I Purchase Boiron Avenoc Ointment?
Boiron products, including the Avenoc ointment, can be found in a variety of stores including your local:
- Local health foods stores
- Vitamin shops
- Local pharmacies and drug stores
- Local grocery stores
The Boiron Avenoc Ointment can also be purchased online at:
- Lucky Vitamin
- E Healthland
- Pure Formulas
- Swanson Vitamins
- Vitamin Life
- Vitamin Shoppe
Boiron products are generally safe, but it is important to note a few warnings. These include:
- For external use only.
- Do not put the product into the rectum using fingers, any other mechanical device, or applicator.
- Ask your healthcare provider before use in case of bleeding.
- When using, do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if symptoms persist more than 7 days.
- Notify your doctor immediately if symptoms worsen.
- If you are pregnant with hemorrhoids or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact Poison Control Center right away.
- Store at 68-77 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Do not use if glued carton end flaps are open or if the tube seal is broken.
Directions for Use
This product is intended for use of adults and children 12 years of age and older. When practical, you should gently cleanse the affected area with mild soap and warm water.
Rinse thoroughly and do not dry. Apply the ointment externally to the affected area. This can be done up to four times a day. For children under twelve years of age, consult their physician.
Overall Review of Boiron Avenoc Ointment
Overall, Boiron Avenoc ointment is reported to be effective in providing temporary relief for minor discomfort, itching, burning, and swelling associated with hemorrhoids.
The company has been in business for over eighty years. It is listed as an Amazon Choice product and is readily available in many local stores throughout the nation. It can also be found online, although there were numerous complaints of delay in shipping.